Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chicago's O'hare Airport, Eat Here: Tortas Frontera by Chef Rick Bayliss

A food oasis at O'hare!! My sandwiches were so good, I could not wait to return, on my way back to Toronto! Sandwiches are all custom made. They give you a beeper and tell you that it takes about 9 minutes for your order to be ready. Worth the wait!


The cubana torta, griddle baked sandwich, (as requested, with no cheese), a crispy sandwich bun with smoked pork loin, Nueske's bacon (one of favourite Amercan bacons), black beans, cilantro crema, chipotle mustard, avocado with sides of extra guacamole, green and red salsa.
The pepito torta, griddle baked sandwich, (as requested, with no cheese), beer braised beef short ribs, pickled jalapenos, black beans, cilantro crema and arugula. Some green and red salsa on the side (not in photo).

In case some of you readers are wondering, for the most part, I dislike the addition of cheese to any meat sandwich or burger, from an aesthetic point of view. for me, it adulterates and takes away from from the meat flavours that I enjoy. It's a personal thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment