Monday, December 27, 2010

My Visit to Fabbrica Restaurant

Fabbrica has been open for a while. I had visited to see about the new Mark Macewan's restaurant experience.

I tried a few apps and started with the the bruschetta with bone marrow and horseradish gremolata. I must say I was expecting a piece of bone marrow on toast, so I was disappointed because I really did not read the menu carefully as it stated that this was a bone marrow butter spread and not what I envisioned. But, if it had a piece of bone marrow on toast, what an appealing concept for me.



I also enjoyed the wood burning oven cooked pizza with lamb sausage, caramelized fennel and mozzarella, which was good, but, I would have preferred a thinner and a crispier crust. I tried the meatball appetizer with tomato sauce, basil and parmesan. I loved that dish, the rich tomato sauce with pine nuts, basil and raisons was a very tasty complement for the meatball, which had a nice moderately coarse texture, I found quite enjoyable.



Wonderful steak, of course, is a Macewan "specialty" and I was not disappointed. This steak was well aged and had a nice complex flavour, was very juicy and perfectly cooked.


We finished with a Meyer lemon and ricotta cheesecake with a blueberry preserve. Service was very attentive and professional.

FABBRICA
49 Karl Fraser Road (Lawrence Ave E. at Don Mills)
Toronto
416-391-0307

No comments:

Post a Comment