Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Return Visit to Coppi Restaurant, Toronto

Coppi has been around for quite some time. It is an important restaurant in the the region, north of eglinton and south of the 401 highway. 

One of the great dishes of this restaurant, that I typically enjoy, is the fish (snapper or sea bass...I prefer snapper), cooked in a salt crust. There is no salty taste to this fish once it is broken out of the salt crust, washed down and filleted. The beautifully cooked flesh is simply sauced with a mix of lemon juice olive oil and a touch of garlic. I often think of this dish when I think of being in the mood for fish. However, this evening, I was here for other dishes.

 Bruschetta, one of the city's best.


Shaved beef carpaccio with fresh shaved Alba truffles. I feel that they slice their beef too thin. I also prefer beef that is fresh, not frozen (which they probably need to do to shave the beef this thinly).  


Perhaps the most enjoyable restaurant bread in the city. If you love bread with a crispy crust, you will love this, drizzled with good olive oil, sprinkled with rosemary and is served warm. No matter who joins me at this restaurant.....everyone says that they could make a meal of this bread!


Steamed octopus, fava beans, lemon, julienne of carrot and good olive oil. A good dish.


Tagliatelle with clams, zucchini, botarga, garlic and olive oil. The dish had potential. I liked the concept, but, it did not come together well for me.


Steamed octopus, cuttlefish, clams, potato cubes, shrimps, mussels, lemon and olive oil. A good dish, but, the potatoes were a bit mushy and overcooked.


A side dish of veg.

No comments:

Post a Comment