Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Little Dog, Toronto

The Little Dog is a small shop that only serves 3 kinds of meat hot dogs and a veggie dog. It also serves fries and poutine.

I did not try the veggie dog. My favourite was the Montreal hot dog, good flavour with a nice crunchy skin. My least favourite was the Chicago 58 hot dog. The flavour was very commercial and for me held no redeeming qualities. The Nathan's dog had fairly good flavour  (not as good as the Montreal dog) but lacked a crunchy skin.

The french fries were too soft and lacked the crispiness of properly done, double fried fries. I felt the sauce for the poutine was very commercial tasting and was not to my liking.

Steamies bring back memories and if I was just to come for a hot dog, and just had the Montreal hot dog, I would be a very happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment