Saturday, March 2, 2013

L'Unita Restaurant Revisted, Toronto: New Chef

L'Unita has gone through a few chef transformations, but, I found that the current chef is doing good things. I was glad that I had returned to experience the transformation. I sent a good friend, a resident of New York, a well known wine writer and former restaurant reviewer, to dine here, after my visit. He was truly impressed by the pizza!

Rich tasting, duck conserva bruschetta with roasted pear and radicchio. Well done!

N'duja sausage and potato pizza topped with kale pesto, red onion and piave cheese. This pizza was marvellously thin and crispy with great flavours. The texture/flavour composition was so addictive that I craved another.
Sweet onion and tomato soup with scamorza, crostini and olive oil. Another hit.

Ciriole and braised lamb ragu with rosemary and grana padano cheese. The flavour of sauce was ok, but was a bit bland. The texture of the pasta could have been better.
This was a good dish of seared scallops but scallop freshness must be pristine.

Mascarpone cannoli with candied orange and white chocolate cream. We fought over these.

No comments:

Post a Comment