Saturday, August 21, 2010

Breakfast At Blue Plate And A Sandwich Worth The Journey

We recently had breakfast at Blue Plate Restaurant. To be honest, it was the duck hash and fried eggs that drove me to eat there. I liked the duck hash accompanied by sauteed onions, but it was far too little on my plate...I had to dig to find it and I was craving more. But it was potentially good. Also, it just needed more duck . My toast was well done as I like it. I ordered a side of their sausage and that was very good, savory, coarsely textured with burst-in-your-mouth flavour. The perfect breakfast plate for me.


My partner ordered poached eggs with spinach and tomato on a brioche, with hollandaise sauce. The eggs were perfectly poached and the hollandaise well executed and tasty. The brioche was the perfect base.


And, after all that, I was craving more. I decided to try the club sandwich. It arrived with grilled chicken, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado and creamy garlic mayo all on a toasted baguette. Now, that was a very good sandwich!! This was worth the journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment